DKDP Pockels cells
0.39 μm - 1.4 μm
Pockels cells based on DKDP crystals are one of the most popular Pockels cells in the market.
Deuterated potassium dihydrogen phosphate has good transmission from 390 nm to 1400 nm (0.39 μm – 1.4 μm) and combined with high electro-optical coefficients makes it suitable for Pockels cells.
Highly deuterated DKDP (D>97% – 98% ) is necessary to reach effective electro-optical response. High laser induced damage threshold is guaranteed by applying special anti-reflective coatings on this hygroscopic crystal.
3photon standard DKDP Pockels cells are with longitudinal Electrooptic Modulation configuration.
There are no enter-exit windows, so light losses are minimized. 3photon Pockels cells are lightweight, well protected with durable anti-reflection coatings and easy to install.
- We have made cells from very high LIDT DKPD crystals.
- DKDP crystals is protected by tight isolation. This isolation protects crystal from environment and protects laser electronics and the laser engineer.
- 3photon engineers can manufacture cells at almost any size. Pockels cell installation is easier and faster in comparison to most market solutions.
- We very firmly bonded wires directly to crystal. This is unlike the usual market solution (conductive connectors outside the volume).
- Instead of protective windows our coating engineers deposited anti-reflective (AR) coatings to protect the crystal and reduce light loses.
DKDP Pockels cells are usually used for Q-switching applications in the range of 390-1400 nm.
3photon Pockels cells for laser cavity Q-switching are usually integrated in:
- Flashlamp pumped Nd:YAG and Ruby lasers.
- Neodymium doped DPSS lasers: Nd:YLF, Nd:Glass, Nd:YAG, Nd:KGW.
In general, 3photon DKDP Pockels cells can be used experimental R&D lasers, medical, industrial and even aerospace or military lasers:
- Ophthalmology laser systems;
- Light intensity modulation;
- Cavity dumping;
- Quantum key distribution;
- As a device to modulate light intensity;
- As a beam chopper…
Have questions ?
Call us +370 618 35333, email us firstname.lastname@example.org or fill contact form and we will contact You!