True zero order waveplates
from 266 nm to IR | >20 J/cm2 at 1064 nm
True Zero-order Waveplates are made of a very thin quartz plate that functions as a true zero order waveplate and has the pure retardance of less than 1λ. The thickness for a true zero order waveplate in the visible spectrum is around 25 μm. Clearly, it is much more expensive to manufacture such a thin plate, handle and clean it. One of the options to strengthen the waveplate is to contact the thin waveplate with N-BK7/Fused Silica glass by cementing or optical contacting. This raises limits with high power applications because of the used glasses. However, it offers much less sensitivity to temperature and wavelength variation, as opposed to lower order waveplates (e.g. low order waveplate or zero order waveplate). That is why true zero order waveplates find their applications where a very high accuracy or large angle of incidence is required, for example imaging.
3photon can provide true zero order waveplates with different contact types:
- Optically contacted or cemented waveplate with N-BK7 or Fused Silica glasses that would result in 1 mm of thickness
- Single, thin true zero order waveplate with a thickness of <0.2 mm.
- LIDT values (depends on bonding type)
- An ideal case of a waveplate: such a thin waveplate provides very precise optical phase delays for half-wave and quarter-wave plates.
- Because of how thin it is, it is less sensitive to temperature, angle of incidence, wavelength variations than other order waveplates
- Complex manufacturing procedure
- Precision handling and cleaning is required
- Can be broken very easily
- Most expensive option from all 3photon waveplates
- High power true zero order waveplate optically bonded on N-BK7/Fused Silica glass achieves LIDT values of 20 J/cm2 at 1064 nm, 10 Hz, 10 ns. Thickness ~1 mm
- True zero order waveplate cemented on N-BK7/Fused Silica glass achieves LIDT values of 0.3 J/cm2 at 1064 nm, 10 Hz, 10 ns. Thickness ~1 mm
- Single true zero order waveplate reaches LIDT of 20 J/cm2 at 1064 nm, 10 Hz, 10 ns. Thickness <0.2 mm
- Single True zero order waveplate that is mounted into N-BK7 glass as a holder can hold LIDT values up to 20 J/cm2 at 1064 nm, 10 Hz, 10 ns. Thickness <0.2 mm
Have questions ?
Call us +370 618 35333, email us email@example.com or fill contact form and we will contact You!