AGS – Silver thiogallate
0.53 µm - 11 µm
AgGaS2 (AGS) crystal is one of the most successful materials developed for non-linear optical (NLO) laser devices in the infrared (IR) light range, such as CO and CO2 lasers, waveplates, tunable optical parametric oscillators (OPO), etc.
AGS crystal has one of the highest nonlinearities among crystals working in NIR-IR range and available in large sizes and thin plates with broadband anti-reflective (AR) coatings.
- Efficient frequency doubling for mid-IR radiation;
- Non-linear three-wave interactions;
- Main crystal for DFG system pumped by 1.2-1.6 μm & 1.6-2.4 μm for 2.4 – 11 μm generation;
- Opto-medical instruments;
- Spectroscope applications;
- High performance infrared (IR) waveplates;
- 2nd and 3rd harmonics generation in CO, CO2 laser systems.
- Transparency from 530 nm to 11 µm of 3photon AGS crystals allows different frequency generation and optical parameter oscillation (OPA) in that region;
- Could be pumped directly by 1064 nm or 1500-1600 nm in OPO systems;
- AGS has the highest figure of merit for non-linear interactions in the near infrared (NIR) and far infrared (FIR) in comparison to other IR crystals.