DKDP – Deuterated potassium dihydrogen phosphate
390 nm - 1400 nm
DKDP (KD2PO4) is an isomorphic single crystal (deuterated KDP). It can be grown using water-solution growing method with high level of deuteration (usually >98%)
DKDP crystals supplied by 3photon are used in non-linear optics systems, electro-optical (EO) applications especially with large apertures, they are also used in Pockel cells.
Nd:YAG, Nd:YLF laser systems: DKDP crystals are acting as laser frequency converters – for 2nd – 4th harmonic generation of low repetition rate (less than 100 Hz) and high pulse energy for Q-Switched and mode-locked lasers. It also could be used as a Q-switching crystal in these systems;
Ti:Sapphire and Alexandrite laser systems: as a Q-switching crystal;
Dye laser systems: for 2nd – 4th harmonic generation;
Electro-Optical applications: due to excellent electro-optic coefficients widely used as Electro-optical modulators, OPA/OPO;
Pockels cells: as Q-switching crystal, 3photon uses very highly deuterated (D2>98%) DKDP;
High speed photography: DKDP can be used as shutter.
- Working wavelength 390-1400 nm;
- Relatively easy growing technique ensures good price;
- Can be grown very large in size;
- Designed for specific wavelengths dielectric thin film anti-reflective coatings can be applied by 3photon;
- Can be pumped using very wide range of pumping sources.
- Hygroscopic (moisture effects DKDP instantly);
- DKDP crystal material is soft, thus high-quality polishing is rarely achievable.
Have questions ?
Call us +370 618 35333, email us firstname.lastname@example.org or fill contact form and we will contact You!